Hot Apple Cider Vinegar Lemon Tea
Maybe the Most Beneficial Beverage on the Planet!
I have heard people say, “YUCK! I can’t drink that stuff.” Then I learn they are attempting to drink the apple cider cold. YUCK! Or they are drinking the apple cider vinegar and the lemon as separate items. On both cases, I agree. “YUCK! I can’t drink that stuff.”
I have figured out that cold or straight is the issue, at least for me. However, hot tea is something that I can do. I love ACV Lemon Tea, hot. It is a great way to start the day — a Mug of ACV Tea in the morning allows me to skip the 3 o’clock slump.
One week of this amazing beverage helped wean me from a 40 year caffeine addiction. In addition to letting go the caffeine addiction, ACV is also helping me slim down — over the past six months, I have gone from a size 18 was tight, to size 14 is a little lose. I’m aiming for a size 12.
Here is my recipe. . .
- To a mug of boiling water add:
- *1 packet green tea, if desired
- Juice of one lemon, strained
- **2 TBSP Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, with mother
- 1 to 2 TBSP Raw Wild Honey (to taste) (local preferred – within 50 miles)
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Coconut oil (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Ceylon Cinnamon, or stir with cinnamon stick if desired. Tastes more like apple cider
- Whisk until well blended. Enjoy!
I use a 16 to 20 ounce mug, because I do so enjoy my morning cuppa ACV :o). If you are using a smaller cup or mug, you may want to halve the recipe.
1 tsp to 2 TBSP of Apple Cider Vinegar per day is the recommended daily intake amount to receive all the benefits of ACV. You may want to start with the lower amount and work up to the 2 TBSP. Check in with your own intuition to learn what is best for you.
* When using the green tea, I put it in the water first and let it steep while I juice the lemon. Then remove the tea bag, before adding all other ingredients.
** It is recommended to use organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with the “mother”, such as Braggs, that you can purchase on Amazon or at most local groceries.”
Some Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar Tea (ACV)
- May help maintain blood sugar and insulin levels, and a healthy pancreas.
- Has been shown to support letting go extra pounds and reducing belly fat.
- Has been shown to lower cholesterol and improve heart & brain health.
- May act as a cancer preventative.
- Himalayan Pink Salt: Improves hydration by providing trace minerals; improves mineral status of the body; reduces muscle cramps by improving minerals and hydration; helps balance blood sugar.
- Green tea improves brain function, fat loss, and may reduce risk of cancer.
- Coconut oil contains natural saturated fats that increase the good HDL cholesterol in your body. Coconut oil may also help turn the bad LDL cholesterol into a less harmful form. By increasing HDL, many experts believe that coconut oil could be good for heart & brain health. The body & brain wants 2 TBSP per day of high quality fats (balance of Omega 3 & 6).
- Lemon promotes hydration; good source of vitamin C; improves skin quality; supports weight and belly fat reduction; aids digestion; freshens breath; helps prevent kidney stones.
New Information Regarding ACV and Women’s Cycles
If you are one of the menstruating age women who suffer from menstrual cramps, and possibly ovarian cysts, you can exchange the honey for unsulfured blackstrap molasses for fast relief of pain and discomfort.
Anecdotal evidence shows that apple cider vinegar can help contract and disperse ovarian cysts. Mix one tablespoon each of apple cider vinegar and black strap molasses (unsulfured) to a glass of warm water (4 to 8 ounces). This drink also helps reduce excessive menstrual bleeding, bloating and cramps during periods. Drink two glasses daily for best results.
Anecdotal evidence shows that this drink begins to reduce pain within a few minutes. If you drink ACV throughout the month, it may take one to three months to completely heal any current cysts. Women drinking ACV Tea say that continued daily use of ACV Tea helps to maintain a healthy ph & hormonal balance in their body. As long as they drink ACV daily, the cysts will not return.